Poaching an egg is a much healthier alternative to frying or scrambling, a lot of clients tell me they have no idea how to do it.
I believe it is quite simple, just follow the steps below.
1. Fill a small saucepan with water and bring to the boil
2. Add a dash of vinegar and turn the heat down so the water is simmering
3. Crack egg into a cup or ramekin (to ensure no shells)
4. Stir the simmering water in the saucepan and gently drop the egg in
5. Cook for approximately 3 minutes
6. Use a spoon retrieve the egg from the water and place on paper towel to avoid soggy toast
7. Once water is removed serve